Develop Digital Marketing Efficiency
Digital marketing has many moving parts, which makes it easy for businesses to become overwhelmed and fall behind on tasks. Digital marketing efficiency can be added pressure, but it doesn’t have to be. In fact, with an organized plan, you can focus on what matters and do the best possible job within those areas instead of attempting to do everything. To be efficient means to be as productive as possible without wasting time or money. Here are some things to consider when thinking about digital marketing efficiency:
Communication is Key
Communication is key in digital marketing, but it’s crucial to being efficient. A digital marketing company must communicate regularly with their clients so that everyone is on the same page. Everyone must be aware of the business’s goals so that everyone is moving in the same direction. Clear communication keeps everyone accountable for their role in the digital marketing strategy. Emails are a great form of communication because it’s a paper trail that anyone can refer back to when needed. A few tips for good email communication include:
- Keeping them short and sweet. Long emails make people’s eyes glaze over. Get to the point as soon as possible.
- Making use of subject lines. Get clients’ attention by creating subject lines that concisely let them know what’s in your email.
- Including a call-to-action. Tell your client a specific time you’d like a reply or when you need a specific task completed.
- Following up. Sometimes a follow-up email is necessary if someone doesn’t reply. Reiterate the details, in brief, of your prior email and ask that they respond or call within a certain timeframe.
Speaking in person when possible is always best. If you’re going to see a client soon, is an email required now? Sometimes, discussions in person are more well-received. After your in-person meeting, send an email summarizing what was discussed, especially if certain tasks, goals, or deadlines are agreed upon.
Clarify Business Goals
To be efficient with a digital marketing strategy, both the marketing agency and the client need to be clear on the goals of the business. It’s easy to fall out of alignment with goals if they aren’t reviewed on a regular basis. Without clearly defined goals, everyone will be going in different directions and nothing will actually be accomplished. This is not efficient. A digital marketing company and the client need to clarify the business goals and create strategies that align with them in order to practice maximum efficiency.
Create a Strategy
As a digital marketer, creating a strategy with the client is important for:
- Understanding each person’s roles and responsibilities. If anyone is unclear on their role in the company, time and energy will be wasted when it could be better spent elsewhere. Get clear on what everyone’s role is.
- Sticking to deadlines for specific tasks. Emailing every member of the team a weekly schedule is efficient as you will all be on the same page and no one can claim they didn’t know what they were supposed to do or when.
Everyone has a part to play in the digital marketing of a business and when everyone is on the same page, things will run efficiently. Consider these questions when assigning tasks:
- How many pieces of content will be posted each week?
- Who is writing them?
- Who will post them?
- Who is going to reply to comments on social media platforms?
- Who is going to brainstorm and research for new content?
Being a digital marketer requires efficiency. Efficiency is beneficial for both the digital marketer and the client as wasted time will be eliminated and goals will be more quickly achieved.
Categorized in: Digital Marketing
LIKE AND SHARE THIS ARTICLE: