Writing by Brick Marketing in Search Engines
This is a guest post by Courtney Mills of ineedhits.
If it’s time to push your business into new countries then you are going to need to compile a list of keywords to target for each specific location. There are a number of tools that can help you achieve this, but one of the best is Google’s Global Market Finder.
This tool will help you get a clear picture of how popular specific keywords are in a particular country by giving you details like the local monthly search volume and competition of the main keyword along with related keywords. What actually happens is that Google translates the keywords to different languages and then digs in to its search database to see in which countries they find the most related searches. It will even provided a suggested bid price for each keyword if you go down the Google AdWords path.
The screenshot below shows details of the keyword in other countries and languages.
Google says the tool will translate keywords into any of the 56 languages used in the selected geographical region.
The tool groups countries into the following geographical regions:
• Africa: Algeria, Angola, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Libya, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda
• Americas: Argentina, Barbados, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Greenland, Isle of Man, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, United States, Venezuela
• Asia: Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, China, Hong Kong (SAR), India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea (South), Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
• Emerging Markets: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Egypt, Hong Kong (SAR), India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Russia, South Africa, Thailand, Turkey
• Europe: Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom
• European Union: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
• G20: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Korea (South), Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States
• Middle East: Bahrain, Brunei, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Palestinian Territories, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates
• Oceania: Australia, New Zealand
If you want to see a list of variants of the chosen keyword which are also popular, simply click on the “Show additional keyword suggestions from Keyword Tool” for each country and language (See highlighted section in image above).
The Google Global Market Finder doesn’t just run on its own, it works in conjunction with Google Search data, Google Translate’s keyword translations and AdWords keyword bid and competition. These 3 metrics will allow you to determine if reaching customers in an overseas country is going to be ROI positive.
If you are planning to target new markets in overseas countries, this tool is an invaluable one to have in your arsenal.
About the Author
Courtney Mills is the queen of communications and social media marketing at ineedhits – a search marketing agency with over 16 years’ experience helping small businesses build their online presence. For more information visit http://www.ineedhits.com.